Microsoft Office Access or Microsoft Access is a database developed by Microsoft. It is a part of Microsoft Office software. Microsoft Access is one of the most easy-to-use databases. We can create as many applications without writing a single line of code. Microsoft Access provides a very powerful programming language – Visual Basic for Application (VBA).
Benefits of Microsoft Access
* It is easy to use and can be used by any individual even if he has very less knowledge about Microsoft Access or any databases with just minimal training and learning required.
* It uses visual development tools which makes it pleasant to use just like a book with pictures.
* We can use native languages in computer programs which makes it easy to use and convenient for everybody whether he speaks English or any other language.
* It stores data in its own format based on the Access Jet Database Engine.
* Microsoft Access also allows us to link related information easily.
* It can also link directly to data stored in other applications and databases.
* Access can also use a wide variety of other data formats and understand them as well.
* We can export and import data from files, spreadsheets, or database files directly.
* Microsoft Access can work with the most popular databases that support Open Database Connectivity such as SQL Server, Oracle, and database2 (DB2.)
* Microsoft Access is used by software developers to develop application software.
We need to purchase a license to use Microsoft Access. Microsoft Corporation distributes the full version of Access alone or with other applications (Word, Excel, etc.) as part of the Microsoft Office package.