PDFs are great before you see a typing error you want to fix or change but can’t. The good news is that converting a PDF to a Word document can be easy and you will have a number of options to make edits to it. We’re going to show you how to convert your PDF with Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and CamScanner.
Method 1: Using Microsoft Word
- Search for the PDF you want to open. Go to your computer’s PDF location.
- Click the PDF right-click. That way a dropdown menu is requested.
- Select Open with. It is close to the top of the dropdown menu with the right-click. There will be a pop-out list.
- Click Word. This option is available in the pop-up list.
- If requested, click OK. This allows the PDF to open as a Word document for Microsoft Word.
- Where necessary, edit the Word document. The converted document, like any PDF conversion, may have no perfect page-to-page correspondence due to line breaks, page breaks, and graphics, etc.
- Save the PDF that was converted. Once the converted file is ready to be saved as a Word document of its own, do the following: Save As, double-click This PC, type in a file name, select a save position on the left side of the window and click Save.
Method 2: Using Google Docs
- Open Docs for Google. Go to the web browser of your computer at https://docs.google.com/. If you are connected to your Google Account, this will open your Google Docs page.
- Include your email address and password if you are not logged in. Click Go to Google Docs in the center of the page for the first time.
- Google Docs can be cautioned to convert your PDF by not preserving any photos of your PDF Google Docs.
- The Image titled Android7folder.png icon clicks “Upload.” It is on the top right of the page below the template gallery, or just under your profile photo, depending on your settings.
- Upload click. The “Open a File” window is in the top right corner.
- Click Select your computer file. Select a file. In the center of the window is the blue button.
- Select and click Open your PDF file. The uploading process opens the preview of the PDF file to your Google Drive after the upload is over.
- To open with, click Open. The PDF window is at the top. There will be a drop-down menu. If the Open with the drop-down is not visible, move your mouse up the window.
- Click on Docs from Google. This is available in the menu below. This opens the Google Doc file as a PDF file. If you can’t see Google Docs in the drop-down menu as an option, you can add it: click Connect more applications in the drop-down menu, look for Google Docs and click on the ‘Access CONNECT’ button on the right of the Google Docs option.
- Save the PDF as a Word document. This will allow you to download the Microsoft Word version of the PDF onto your computer:
- Click File in the upper-left side of the Google Docs page.
- Select Download as in the resulting drop-down menu.
- Click Microsoft Word (.docx) in the pop-out menu.
- Select a save location and/or click Save if prompted.
Author: Olivia Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and a full-time blogger with 5 years of experience in the technology industry. She has written technical blogs, white papers, and reviews for a variety of websites, including office.com/setup.