Microsoft Office Access or Microsoft Access is a database developed by Microsoft. It is a part of Microsoft Office software. Microsoft Access is one of the most easy-to-use databases. We can create as many applications without writing a single line of code. Microsoft Access provides a very powerful programming language – Visual Basic for Application (VBA). If your database is large enough that you require help doing the data entry, or if it’s going to grow over time, making an ongoing data-entry process likely, Access is the tool for you. The fact that it offers simple forms of data entry/editing is reason enough to make it your database application of choice. www.office.com/setup
Benefits of Microsoft Access
* It is easy to use and can be used by any individual even if he has very less knowledge about Microsoft Access or any databases with just minimal training and learning required.
* It uses visual development tools which makes it pleasant to use just like a book with pictures.
* We can use native languages in computer programs which makes it easy to use and convenient for everybody whether he speaks English or any other language.
* It stores data in its own format based on the Access Jet Database Engine.
* Microsoft Access also allows us to link related information easily.
* It can also link directly to data stored in other applications and databases.
* Access can also use a wide variety of other data formats and understand them as well.
* We can export and import data from files, spreadsheets, or database files directly.
* Microsoft Access can work with the most popular databases that support Open Database Connectivity such as SQL Server, Oracle, and database2 (DB2.)
* Microsoft Access is used by software developers to develop application software.
We need to purchase a license to use Microsoft Access. Microsoft Corporation distributes the full version of Access alone or with other applications (Word, Excel, etc.) as part of the Microsoft Office package.